Frozen Vodka..... a perfect addition to your holiday party.
Most of us have holiday traditions that we do every year around this time. For example, some of us enjoy eggnog as a holiday drink at parties. I collect an empty milk carton or 2 and simply add orange slices or lemon slices, cranberries and vodka to create a decorative ice block. The vodka stays ice cold and the cranberries create a beautiful presentation.
This recipe for frozen vodka was adapted from Martha Stewart's "Entertaining."
The Martha Stewart Show, December Holiday 2007
- Yield Makes 1 bottle
Add to Shopping List
- 1 (750-milliliter) cylindrical bottle vodka
- Flowers or thinly sliced fruit
- Place the vodka bottle into a fully opened half-gallon cardboard milk or juice carton.
- Insert flowers or thinly sliced fruit (we used holly, cranberry, lime slices, red roses, and white pine branches) around bottle, filling one-third of the carton.
- Pour water into container, just covering fruit and flowers.
- Place upright in the freezer.
- When completely frozen, add another layer of fruit and very cold water, and freeze.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5, filling and freezing a third time, so that fruit and flowers do not float to the top, until water reaches bottle neck.
- Remove from freezer just before serving; cut away milk carton with a utility knife.